Seeing how it was just his birthday, I thought I should write a
little note about Oliver. I find myself saying very often, I just love
that boy so much!
When Leah couldn't play as much he turned to Autumn for a playmate
and he now has a good relationship with both his sisters. He's proud to
be their "best brother."
Sometimes when Leah goes downstairs or something and he doesn't
realize it he will get really sad and start crying. When I ask him what's
wrong he'll say, I can't find Leah! There was a time when he never wanted
to leave the house unless Leah came too. He's very much aware of where
she is and even if he's not RIGHT WITH HER, he definitely doesn't want her
lost.
When people make jokes about taking Autumn home with them, he is
not happy about it at all!
He is VERY into being a boy right now. I can't tell you how
many times a day he says, "but I'm a boy, Daddy's a boy too! But
you're not a boy, Leah's not a boy, Autumn's not a boy. I'm a boy!
He also only wants boy colors. Pink dishes are now Leah's and he
WILL NOT use them. Sometimes he'll ask, is yellow a boy color?
I lay with him for a few minutes at bed time and he's loves to
name all the parts of my face. Recently he's obsessed with my eyes (it
used to be my eye brows) and he will ask every night, multiple times, if he can
touch the blue part of my eye. I tell him no and that in the morning he can
wash his hands and touch his own blue part of his eye. Tonight he said,
"I can't, this part always closes!"
He likes me to lay with him every night, for 3 minutes, not two,
not four, 3. He used to suddenly dismiss me and say, okay, you can go.
You laid with me for 3 minutes YEA!! The last few weeks though he
begs me not to go no matter how long I stay.
As obsessed as he is with his Daddy and that they're both boys,
when it comes to laying with him at night, he only wants Mommy. I need
that sometimes. :) It balances out the times when we're on the Metro and
Levin takes the stroller so I need Oliver to hold my hand and sit by me, and
then he looks up at me and says, "NOT YOU!" I'll never be as
cool as Daddy.
When people come needing to talk to the bishop or any visitors I
guess, Oliver is Daddy's partner to walk them to the gate.
He has NO interest in potty training. He used to so that he
could go to the preschool camp that Leah is going to, but now not even that
works. He says, I want to be a baby and wear diapers. He really
does still want to be a baby sometimes. We tried to strike a deal of big
kid during the day with underwear, baby at night with a diaper, but no luck.
The last few months he's really grown up with much less crying and
carrying on, but sometimes he does the cutest thing where if something happens
(like a strange man pushes the button in the elevator when I promised that
Oliver could do it) he will look super sad at me like he's holding in his
sadness and then he will just open his mouth as wide as can be and tilt his head
back and let it alllll out!
Almost all the time if you kiss his owie all better he marches
right back to play.
At the end of his prayer when he says, "Amen!" he always lifts his arms up and says it really loud like he just accomplished some great feat.
If Leah starts to take too long or pause in her prayers her starts saying, In the name, In the name . . trying to encourage her to finish.
He is starting to out grow this, but he has become my good little napper. Even if he says he's not tired he will lay down once you get him downstairs and almost always stays in his bed even if it takes him a long time to fall asleep. He does that at night too. Sometimes you'll realize an hour later he's still asleep just laying in the being quiet and good. To think he was such a bad sleeper as a baby this brings me great joy and now that Autumn is a bad sleeper I have hope for her to become like him. The transition to a big boy bed months ago was super easy. Although his crib is still set up as a threat so maybe that's why. He seems to have forgotten he knows how to get out of the crib.
He can be so sweet and loving and feisty and I just love this little guy sooooooo much!
No comments:
Post a Comment