I don't have a picture, but I wanted to remember today. Yesterday the kids went to daycare while we had Brother Browning come to give patriarchal blessings to members of our ward in our home. That could be a post in itself. He gave them in Oliver's room and I had bought a bunch of packs of tissues to give to those who came - it was Brother Browning's idea. Oliver took a nap at daycare when all the other kids did. I was so elated because it is so hard to get him to take naps now and he gets pretty tired sometimes. But then last night when he wouldn't go to sleep I remembered why I don't fight him on naps anymore.
Enter this morning at 4:30 am. Oliver starts crying so I go to check on him. His ear hurts, but then he tells me how the pack of tissues "fell over" and they all fell out. So the pack of 9 little packs is now empty and each little pack has been opened, the tissues pulled out, crumpled, and stuffed under Oliver's blankets. Don't worry about his ear - he was fine a little bit later. But his room was a mess.
Then this afternoon . . . I come walking into my bedroom to find Oliver in my bathroom having used the toilet. He is standing up with his pants down, my cup for drinking water on the floor and the rug is wet. "Did you notice I poured water on the floor?" Yes, I did. "Well, I got poop on the floor and I didn't know how else to clean it up." Oh, crap! Literally. Let's just say that rug will be getting washed. And how can I reprimand a little boy who is trying to clean up his mess and who remembered on his own to go potty?
Good thing this boy is so cute!
Enter this morning at 4:30 am. Oliver starts crying so I go to check on him. His ear hurts, but then he tells me how the pack of tissues "fell over" and they all fell out. So the pack of 9 little packs is now empty and each little pack has been opened, the tissues pulled out, crumpled, and stuffed under Oliver's blankets. Don't worry about his ear - he was fine a little bit later. But his room was a mess.
Then this afternoon . . . I come walking into my bedroom to find Oliver in my bathroom having used the toilet. He is standing up with his pants down, my cup for drinking water on the floor and the rug is wet. "Did you notice I poured water on the floor?" Yes, I did. "Well, I got poop on the floor and I didn't know how else to clean it up." Oh, crap! Literally. Let's just say that rug will be getting washed. And how can I reprimand a little boy who is trying to clean up his mess and who remembered on his own to go potty?
Good thing this boy is so cute!
Cute and funny and gross story! :)
ReplyDelete