Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Lance Turns 1

The day after Oliver's birthday is Lance's birthday.  The first picture was actually taken at Oliver's party, but Lance looked so cute . . . I had to post it.
 One of his presents was this pillow pet - I think I used Grandma Bagwell's money to buy it . . almost positive.  One advantage of posting things almost a year after they happened is you can report on the true results of the presents.  This one . . a huge hit!  He still sleeps with it every night and when I get him out of bed he has to bring it with him and he eats breakfast with it propped up between his head and the wall.  If it falls . . there are tears.  So this present got an A+.
 This elephant . . . B+.  It got some initial fun, but Lance perpetually put stuff that wasn't supposed to go in his trunk, in his trunk.  And the batteries after the first set never seemed to last very long. HOWEVER, it did get a lot of fun for the first month or so . . . . so based on the first month it brought up it's grade.

 I don't have time to look back through pictures to prove this . . . but I'm pretty sure he is the only 1 year old we have had that actually ate their cake.  And . . he loved it.



 THis was a few days later . . . he wasn't quite walking independently yet, but he was pretty close.  I am not sure if he walked sooner than Leah did . . . I think maybe.  Definitely before Oliver and Autumn.  Way to go Lance!  Because my kids are usually quite large, especially Lance, I am always quite excited to have them start walking so I have a little less carrying around.

1 comment:

  1. These are great photos and narrative Melissa. Thanks for taking the time to share your adventure. Dad

    ReplyDelete