Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Can You Say Pot Hole?

This is our road to church. In dry season it's not so bad. In rainy season it is an adventure every week. This car above didn't fair so well in this pot hole. Is it really a pot hole if it encompasses the whole width of the road? The worst part is just not knowing which side of the road will do the least damage to your car. The best idea is to learn from other people's mistakes. On the way to church I sing in my head, "pioneer children sang as they walked, and walked, and walked." It makes me feel better because at least I'm not walking I'm just holding Leah's head from flopping too much and hoping I don't get too car sick.
Last week our driver almost got stuck in a huge hole and I thought I might have to walk. Mud started spraying everywhere and there were some pedestrians nearby . . . . I can't remember if I gave them an apologetic smile or just tried not to make eye contact.

1 comment:

  1. I will try to stop complaining that we have to drive 20 minutes to church when there is a church building 5 minutes away from our house. It could be worse, as you have demonstrated very clearly.

    ReplyDelete