Monday, August 31, 2009

Follow Up

As a follow up to the last post on dishwashing. Everyone advised me not to tell Levin. Well, uh . . . too late. I told him.
A) Levin already knew because he does actually read my blog.
B) I'd never post something like that without his permission/blessing first.
C) He actually helped me write the last part of the post after blowing up the picture of the pot and seeing that in fact, there were pieces of oatmeal on it.
I felt a little guilty after reading everyone' comment that I shouldn't tell him and risk offending. I was expecting more analytical responses, i.e. well it depends on what percentage of the dishes are dirty, the multiplying factor of when I wash my dishes, like do I wash them when the grime is fresh and washes right off, or am I accustomed to washing crustified dishes that have sat for hours and need time to soak before the food can be chipped away. Those factors would be very important. Alas, I guess I should be more concerned about feelings and our marital happiness.

Second follow-up. The "deranged peacock dress". Read about it here. The end of June I got a ride to church with some other members so I didn't go early with Levin and he didn't see me get ready. I wore the dress. He wasn't so fond of it and I think offered me $50 to never wear it again, but my friend Catherine (Nigerian) came the next week with some material for me to have another dress made. I don't know if that means she loved that I was dressing Nigerian or thought it was so bad she should help me out with a new/less-peacocky dress. She'd used half the material and gave me the other half. It's at the tailor's right now. She informed me yesterday I paid the tailor twice as much as I should have. Darn the white face price! If it comes back reasonably I'll post a picture.

Last follow-up is about Robin Hood. For my birthday Levin bought me season 3! We got it from Amazon.uk. We got it on Friday and decided to watch it even though it is not my birthday since we won't be home during my birthday and don't know if we should subject our friend's children (we're babysitting at their house) to the show. The first 2 episodes we were pretty critical. The next ones we loved. Thanks Levin! Happy Birthday to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment