Thursday, August 27, 2009

Toilet Troubles


In our house things break . . . . a lot. It used to be the way I attracted the maintenance men to finally show up was to mop all my floors. Inevitably they would show up tracking their muddy feet all over. Now that I don't mop my floors as much my new way to attract them is to put Leah down for a nap. I just knew they'd finally show up the instant I got her to sleep. If you know Leah you know she doesn't nap long and so this short window is critical to me. What do you know, literally 60 seconds after I put her in the crib there are the guards calling to tell me my plumber is here. I will only bore you today with our current toilet troubles, but just know there are other problems and many things just waiting to break.
1. Leah's bedroom toilet - rocks back and forth if you sit on it. Ride it with caution.

2. Middle level toilet - cracked seat (see photo above.) This isn't our first cracked seat. Hold the fat jokes please. Once they replace the flimsy plastic seat with a real one we're okay. The problem is I spend most of my day in the middle level of our house and I'm lazy. I'll just say I've had a few pinches while using this toilet. I begged the plumber to come back quickly with the replacement.

3. Guest bedroom toilet - Yesterday in an effort not to wake Leah, Levin used the spare bedroom toilet and water gushed out of the back of the tank everywhere. Today the maintenance guy came and he and I could find nothing wrong. I call Levin and make fun of him a little because how could water run out of the back or the tank? There are no holes! Just as the man is showing me again as he flushes it that nothing happens and we are peering over the tank I see water start to spray out and jump back. I only got a little water in the face, Mr. Maintenance got a little bit more. Ha ha! A little hose is spraying upward. He bends it and tells me it's fixed and I say, well how do I know it's not going to pop back out again? Just as he finishes telling me it won't, it does and he gets another shot of water to the face. The whole thing is so funny that I'm not even mad at the guy for being a little bit lazy in fixing it and just trying to bend it down. A couple of more squirts later the guy has it it secured in place and hopefully it won't work it's way loose again, but I'm not holding my breath. Or maybe I should hold my breath, especially if I'm peering over that toilet again.

3 comments:

  1. Oh man- I am laughing as I think about that dude getting squirted in the face! How funny! I'm sure that lots of the experiences you're having right now are not "fun" - but I sure love reading about them! And think about the awesome stories you'll be able to tell!! "Remember that time in Nigeria when..." :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our toilet seat cracked the other day too. After about 3 or 4 days of getting pinched or putting my hand over the crack while I sat (which was just as uncomfortable, but better than the pinch) I convinced my hubby to run to Lowe's and get a new one. Now we are back in business.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my goodness, that's hilarious!

    ReplyDelete