Thursday, October 27, 2011

Potty Training

If you're not a Mom you are probably not interested in this post. Just sayin'.
I am hesitant to say Leah is potty trained out of superstition, but I think she is . . . uh, always wearing underwear now. It went relatively easy. It all depends on her mood and she was in a bad mood a few days in.
Here she is with "Dolly." They got potty trained together. When Dolly had accidents we got to tell her how naughty she was. Leah was super into wearing underwear and I think in this picture has on more than one pair. At naptime if she won't go potty all I have to do is threaten to put on a pull-up and she runs to the toilet. She informed me that pull-ups are not practice underwear, but they are just a different kind of diaper. We still have to use them at night until we get 10 days of dryness. We have yet to come even close to that, but she still asks every night.
Oliver decided if Leah didn't have to wear pants, neither did he. It is always a struggle to get her to wear pants now.
If you look closely you can see a sticker on Leah's rear end. Before I was quite ready to take the plunge into potty training we got reward stickers and somehow Leah came up with the idea that the sticker went on her bum. This story is 10 times cuter if you could hear her say, I get a sticker for my bum! She still remembers sometimes and puts it right on her bum. This isn't a very good picture because I couldn't get her to hold still. I think we've only gone out in public like this a few times and she was sitting in the stroller. Usually it rubs off on the couch or somewhere.
If I had any advice on potty training it would be two things - Potty Power DVD and Gerber Training underwear. She has only had a few accidents, but the Gerber ones hold in a lot more so there is less mess, but she still knows she had an accident. Actually she always knows she has an accident because there has only been one time I can think of that it was a true accident. The other times she's mad at me for turning off the TV or something so she runs out of the room and wets her pants on purpose. Oh, strong willed children can certainly make you want to pull your hair out.

1 comment:

  1. "What do you like to do when you're sittin on the potty!" That DVD made me crazy...it worked though!

    ReplyDelete