I was going to do all the farm like events in one post, but I kept putting it off because it felt so overwhelming. So, I'll do them separately.
In September Leah had the day off of school to go to the Charles County Fair. Levin took the afternoon off of work so we went to the fair. It was quite crowded and after we got there we found out why - all the rides were only one ticket on Friday before 5 pm.
We looked at the animals a bit, but I didn't take pictures of those. I just know I'd never seen such large sheep in all my life.
We bought this kettle corn from a church.
Another church had the cutest little "club house" where they told Bible stories. It was decorated, really cute. We went right after we got this popcorn, but of course I forgot to take a picture.
The County had some free hard hats and other such stuff.
Waiting in line wasn't so bad. Most the lines were short and of course that may be why Levin chose the rides that he did. The man hates to wait in line. My only other memory of the Charles County fair was the year we lived here before when Levin and Oliver aborted on going because the line to park was too long. I was holding a grudge about that since no one asked my opinion we just turned around and left! However, this year we were the next to last car to get a parking space. But they let cars in still the guys just had no where to park them so the people circled forever which led to back up on the road which made me realize they were right to abort that year. Our friends from church were in that line and finally had to go back to the court house to ride the shuttle. SOOOO glad Levin made us get there as early as he did.
Autumn and Levin on the carousel.
All three kids on the gators.
Autumn and I were riding their version of the Disneyland Tea Cups.
I am not as crowd averse as Levin, but when we left I thought, eh, I don't need to come again. Levin who was anxious to get away from the crowds thinks we'll go every year - so here's to next year!
In September Leah had the day off of school to go to the Charles County Fair. Levin took the afternoon off of work so we went to the fair. It was quite crowded and after we got there we found out why - all the rides were only one ticket on Friday before 5 pm.
We looked at the animals a bit, but I didn't take pictures of those. I just know I'd never seen such large sheep in all my life.
We bought this kettle corn from a church.
Another church had the cutest little "club house" where they told Bible stories. It was decorated, really cute. We went right after we got this popcorn, but of course I forgot to take a picture.
The County had some free hard hats and other such stuff.
Waiting in line wasn't so bad. Most the lines were short and of course that may be why Levin chose the rides that he did. The man hates to wait in line. My only other memory of the Charles County fair was the year we lived here before when Levin and Oliver aborted on going because the line to park was too long. I was holding a grudge about that since no one asked my opinion we just turned around and left! However, this year we were the next to last car to get a parking space. But they let cars in still the guys just had no where to park them so the people circled forever which led to back up on the road which made me realize they were right to abort that year. Our friends from church were in that line and finally had to go back to the court house to ride the shuttle. SOOOO glad Levin made us get there as early as he did.
Autumn and Levin on the carousel.
All three kids on the gators.
Autumn and I were riding their version of the Disneyland Tea Cups.
I am not as crowd averse as Levin, but when we left I thought, eh, I don't need to come again. Levin who was anxious to get away from the crowds thinks we'll go every year - so here's to next year!
No comments:
Post a Comment