Friday, April 24, 2009

The 150th Good Thing About Lagos


I have an American friend here who has a blog Looking for Good in Lagos. Well, sometimes she includes the times they get out of Lagos as part of that and I used to think she was cheating by saying the good thing about Lagos is you can leave it. BUT then Levin and I went to Germany and spent a lot of money and I realized she is right! One good thing about Lagos is they pay you extra money to be at this "hardship post." Businessweek rated it the #1 worst city to work in. Our % increase is much less than the oil company workers here (boo hoo) but we still make more money than we would otherwise and so we could afford a trip outta here to Germany and Italy.
Here are some pictures: Note: the one above is Neuschwanstein castle of Ludwig II


Weiss Church - outside not so special, inside awesome and we arrived just after church services so it smelled of incense. I loved how many windows it had and how light it was. Too many European churches are dark and frankly not like how I picture heaven.



Dachau concentration camp cremetorium. First, Levin riduculed me for smiling in the picture "you're too happy." Then I made this face and he said, "you look like you were one of the Nazis." He is so picky.



















1 comment:

  1. Saw the notice about your blog on Facebook. You're doing great! And it's nice to see some pictures of your Europe trip. And, of course, I would never CHEAT with my list of good things in Lagos. But like every expat living here, you've got to know that in finding good things about living here, you sometimes need to make a stretch. It IS nice to get away at times! One good thing about living here is getting to know people like you and enjoying watching beautiful baby Leah grow.

    ReplyDelete