Friday, April 24, 2009

Italy

Funny story: Levin and his brother Lincoln get off the phone a few months ago and have finished planning "our family vacation" to Germany. I threw a little fit about wanting to go to Italy and how come he consulted Lincoln and not me, his lovely wife. Loving Levin came home a few days later with a drive down into Italy added to our itinerary. Yea! Turns out I liked Germany better (oops). But I don't regret our Italian adventure or the gelato, though I do regret that my already getting tight pants are even tighter after the gelato.


Venice canals - this is while still looking for our hotel and pushing the stroller over MANY of these little bridges. Annoying! Once we left the stroller at the hotel and I packed Leah around in our carrier it was much easier.
Arena in Verona - too bad we couldn't go back in time and watch some gladiators.

Castle in Verona - not as cool as others, but on a nice river.


Our fist city in Italy which I can't remember the name of. These are vineyards.
Now imagine in your head the picture of Italy I didn't get to take because it's hard to get off the highways - there were the ruins of a castle on a little hill and a John Deere tractor trucking away beneath it. I loved it and tried to burn it into my memory since we have no picture of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment