

Where did I get the title for the blog? Well, while I was thinking about it I looked up at just the right time to catch a man falling off the scaffolding of the building in front of our compound. The board flipped off, he fell down, but luckily caught himself and hoisted himself back up (pants half off).
That's when I realized, somewhat sadly, this is my life in Nigeria - looking at it from a window. My first morning alone in the house here I went to several windows in the house and peeped out at Lagos, my new home. I felt like I was in a movie or was spying on Nigeria, not living in it.
Side note: This building has been under construction nearly our entire time here. They make tons of progress, then it sits for a long time, then tons more progress, then it sits.
No comments:
Post a Comment