Thursday, August 13, 2009

Beach Day

Saturday we went to the beach house owned by Exxon with our friend from church who works for them as well as several other Americans from church. We had a very fun day. The boat ride out there is fun, but a little scary. I put Leah in her little pack and she just turned her head into me, clutched on and fell asleep. I'm not sure if it was the motion or the terror that put her to sleep. I admit I was a little scared sometimes. But you drive out past the city and into villages and tons of palm trees and it looks gorgeous. Leah loved the sand. I was surprised actually. It eventually got warm enough the sand was too hot for her I think so we went back to the shade.

Leah never touched the water, but Levin and I did. I put on a life jacket because the water here is a really rough and at first I thought I was going in without Levin, but then Greg volunteered to watch Leah. I make Levin watch after me, but I think I didn't clutch onto him or make him hold my had as much as I normally do.
I was scrolling through some pictures and I don't even remember taking this one, but there on the sand if you look closely are some large sandals. I am 100% positive they are Levin's lost sandals. I should have looked through my camera before we left and maybe we could have found them. Instead he had to walk on the hot sand back to the boat barefoot and in the parking lot to the car. Poor guy. The sandals had been through a lot and I am not too sad to see them go.

3 comments:

  1. We live on the other side of the world from each other and we do the same things on the weekends! It looks like you guys have some very pretty beaches. There is nothing better than a great beach day...Saturday's looking like it'll be rainy here, no beach plans for the Harrison's this weekend. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WOW! How I miss the ocean... Desprately!! I'm so glad you were able to get out and have a nice time! Glad you're safe too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How funny. I wonder if the sandals are still there? Do you think?

    ReplyDelete