Levin's critique of my blog was that no one wants to read my sweet sayings about my husband. They want controversy! I should write something bad about him and that'll really get people talking. Hmm . . .
Here's a go.
Let's talk about men and what big babies they are when they get sick. When Levin is sick I'd rather it was me that was sick. I think it'd be easier. After he was sick for a week, me waiting on him hand and foot both physically and emotionally, I needed to get sick so that I could have a vacation. Oh wait, but women don't get treated like babies or royalty when they are sick. The husband goes off to work leaving them to fend for themselves, the children, and still have dinner made when they get home.
Then I can talk about men and diapers. Sometimes they fake that they can't figure out this high tech contraption. They dab at the baby with the wipe in a dainty fashion and then wonder why they're not making progress. After the deed is done, if you get that far before they beg you to finish, they expect you to thank them with high praises and treat them like they are sick (see paragraph above) the rest of the night to show your gratitude and because they were so put out by changing that diaper. If the man is ever left to "babysit" you can bet he will try his hardest to not change the diaper and if he does absolutely have to (we're talking leakage) oh he is going to make sure you are very aware of what he has done and of course the diaper he changed was the muckiest one that has ever existed in the history of babies.
I am of course speaking of men in general (with a little exaggeration for effect) and not my sweet perfect husband. :)
I laughed REALLY hard when I read this post, boy did it bring back memories of when our kids (now 7 and 3) were babies and how Rick tried to get out of everything! However, when he was home he was good about the "every other diaper" changing rule we had to trade off on the dirty deed, but don't ask him to give the baby a bath, no matter how dirty they were...in his eyes, it could always wait until morning. As for getting sick...you'd think they were on their death beds when they got sick. I don't have the greatest "bedside manner", but on the other hand when I'm sick he's pretty good about babying me.
ReplyDeleteNope, you were talking about my husband too!
ReplyDeleteDon't even get me started on sick husbands!
You are hillarious! Thanks for the fun post. Scott and I are laughing and he is claiming that is not going to be him...we'll see once we hit that stage of life! :)
ReplyDeleteI was scared to death to change diapers when Samantha was born. But that changed in about a day. One of my first thoughts was, "that's it?" I do have to admit to a degree of laziness though when she wakes up in the middle of the night hungry and it's my turn to feed her. If I don't check her diaper, it can't be dirty, right?
ReplyDeleteYou crack me up! There is so much truth to this post...
ReplyDelete