Last night I read the Ensign after Levin and Leah were in bed. One article was about a family that had no car for the summer and it gave them a true experience of the Pioneers crossing the plains to Utah. The next was about living in the moment and not just waiting for a certain time of your life to pass before you live life and contribute.
Combine the 2 articles (and I think there was another one but I don't remember it and am too lazy to go grab the Ensign to refresh memory) and you have our situation in Nigeria. Sometimes it is like we are Pioneers and I remembered that they couldn't always look back and say, "yes but in Nauvoo everyone gets to live in a brick house while I'm camping and walking every day and collecting buffalo chips." Sometimes life situations just aren't equal. I also can't just wait for the next year to pass and then enjoy life.
I used to think I had one of the better attitudes of expats in Nigeria. This past week I haven't, but I'm back on the positivity band wagon. Today when Levin told me to be positive I said, I'm positive this internet stinks. But now I really am going to be positive.
Oh Sister B! You are so sweet & such a great example to me! :) There have been so many times I've thought about the things you taught me when you were my trainer - and I still look up to you so much!! You are amazing girl! :)
ReplyDeleteMan, I really miss you! I can't imagine what it would be like to live so far away in such a different culture for so long. Keep smiling and enjoying the small moments.
ReplyDeleteI have to remember to live in the moment also. It is not always easy, but it is a healthy attitude. Good luck!
This too shall pass . . .
ReplyDelete