Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Happy Anniversary Belated


Our 2nd anniversary was actually on the day I was flying back to Nigeria. So we had to celebrate it a day late. It is now a week later, but I was just thinking of all the awesome things about being married. These are maybe not the top ten things, but the first ten things that came to mind.


1. No more wondering if . . . and when . . I'll get married.


2. No more awkward first dates (okay let's be honest, I didn't have that many first dates anyway).


3. At a party when I run out of people to talk to or start to feel awkward I can just go stand next to Levin.


4. No more going to things I don't really want to go to, but feeling like I should because what if my future husband is there.


5. I've had several best friends over the years. Eventually one of us moves away or life circumstances change. With Levin, no more saying goodbye and let's hope to keep in touch to my best friend. He's stuck with me forever.


6. We can analyze our dating relationship for eternity with me still defending myself.


7. No more "girls' nights out" that really are just because we don't have any men in our lives. In fact, being so old when I got married I had plenty of those and I frankly never want a girl's night out again which is why I'm so against Levin and his brothers talking about boys trips and boys nights out with a compensation of you can have a girls function together. Come on people, didn't we get married for a reason?


8. I can fall asleep telling someone all my random thoughts and he is somewhat obligated to listen. And sometimes you just need a man's voice of reason.


9. I got to quit my job and become a stay-at-home Mom. Actually I just botched up some homemade tortillas and was thinking house stuff isn't really my forte and I'd probably be better back at my old job. However, when I was working I wanted to be a stay-at-home Mom. I actually want to be good at it, I'm just not so much and I don't like practicing especially because practice is not making perfect. Back to the point, this is all made possible because I married Levin.


10. Getting married got me a ticket to Nigeria . . . oh wait that isn't so hot on my list right now, but I did get to go lots of other cool places thanks to Levin.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful wedding picture! As for to Girls Nights Out...you haven't been married long enough - eventually you'll be begging for them just to hang out and talk to somebody besides your own children. :)

    ReplyDelete