Monday, August 24, 2009

I Smell a Rat

Unfortunately, I don't mean "I smell a rat" in the figurative sense, but more in the literal sense. Our neighbor claims to have caught a couple of mice and a rat in her house. We share a wall as we are kind of like a duplex townhouse. I thought she meant she got them with traps, but I'm beginning to wonder if she meant poison too because I swear one crawled over on top of our bedroom and died. It stinks! I was paranoid it was actually in our bedroom but we have searched everywhere to find no carcase. The smell has not gotten worse, so I believe it is actually not in our house but above it somehow which I guess is a blessing. It started smelling on Friday and is still lingering . . .
I wanted to add a picture of a rat to make this post more "interesting" but the rat image results on my Google search all made me feel sick so I decided boring is better than grotesque.

2 comments:

  1. Oh! That is no fun! I'm sorry! A couple of years ago we had a mouse in our apartment, and (sorry- this is so gross!) it got stuck in the wall somehow in our bedroom, and when we went to bed that night we could hear it scratching on the wall all night long! A few days later came the smell...yuck! That is not a good smell!! Good luck! I hope you don't have any more mice/rat problems!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for not showing us a rat.

    ReplyDelete