Friday, August 21, 2009

A Tribute to Melanie

Melanie is Levin's cousin and my old roommate. The coordinating of Levin and I to get her moved into my house may have played a key role in our dating. I'm not sure . . you'd have to ask him what finally convinced him to ask me out, but she did not set us up. He didn't tell Melanie he'd asked me out so when I got up and left with him it was a little awkward because I'm sure she thought he'd stop by to visit her since she'd only been moved in a couple of days when Levin and I had our first date. Here is Melanie with us on a trip to Palmyra. She was with us through our dating days . . the good days and the the break ups. She handled living with a cousin's girlfriend/ex very well. Good thing she lived with me because it gave Levin a good excuse to come visit our house and probably helped us overcome the break ups.


She came to our wedding.


To date she is the only visitor we've had in Nigeria. We had so much fun with her.

Now Melanie is getting married to this lucky guy. We are so happy for her! The only sadness is that now we can't beg her to come visit us in all the places we may live in the world. Unfortunately, we won't be at her wedding like she was at ours, but I did get to see her while I was visiting Utah in July and it was so fantastic! Congratulations Melanie!
Dan is a lucky guy. When we used to play Settlers with Emily and Darl, Melanie didn't like to play so she'd make us cookies and wash up the dishes. Things like that is why Dan is so lucky.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, thanks Melissa! This reminded me of how HAPPY I still am that you and Levin got married!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey! i totally know her! her fiance is in my ward. (and her now until they get married.) what a small world.

    ReplyDelete