Today I turn 30. If you've ever been in an LDS singles ward post BYU or past age 24 you realize that 30 is not the age to be feared, but 31 is. That is when they kick you out of the singles and send you to the family ward, aka graduating without honors. I was so worried that would be me.
Well, today I turn 30 and I am married and already have a 9 month old. What was I so worried about? I would still have another year before that dreaded day. So instead of feeling old on this day, I feel like a kid!
We are currently babysitting 3 children. The oldest is 11. Just imagine if I'd gotten married when I was 19. She could almost be my child and this could almost be reality.
Tonight, since it's a Friday, we are taking the kids and going back to our house to sleep in my own bed. Happy Birthday to me!
Yesterday I bought some ice cream for my birthday party. Guess how much I paid for a half gallon of Blue Bunny "Bunny Tracks" ice cream? About $30. But it's my birthday! Our birthdays are the only time we splurge on ice cream here. We've made our own and the boxed long shelf life whipping cream gags me and cost about $8 so isn't that much cheaper. Recently we've discovered making our own frozen yogurt which isn't half bad either, but I'm not at home to make the yogurt which takes about 24 hours to make and then get it cold, and about 1 in 5 times I fail and it doesn't set up anyway. So Bunny Tracks it is. Yum! I can't wait until tonight!
Happy Birthday to You!! I hope you have a wonderful birthday!! I just bought some Blue bunny for $2.50 the other day. I can't imagine $30!! Wow! Have a fabulous day!!
ReplyDeleteOh happy, happy birthday! I hope you have a great day! :) I have to say- next time I buy ice cream, I'm going to appreciate how much it costs! (or how much it doesn't cost, I guess?!?). Anywho, I really hope your day is great!! You're awesome! :)
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday!!!!Enjoy your ice cream
ReplyDeleteMelissa - Happy Birthday! I was totally thinking of you yesterday and meant to send an email - again I slacked...sorry! Enjoy your ice cream!! I remember all too well those feelings of the dreaded 31st birthday...very glad you and Levin FINALLY started dating so you didn't have to hit that milestone in Colonial! :)
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday! I can't believe I'm older than you by a whole couple of weeks; you're so much more mature than I am! Anyway, yeah, so far 30 is not too bad, I guess.
ReplyDelete