Friday, September 11, 2009

There is a First Time For Everything

Yesterday Leah and I were in the grocery store. She always attracts TONS of attention when we're out. Everyone wants to talk to her, etc. She has been going through a really shy phase where she always turns her head down when people talk to her. Being in the cart yesterday was rough because she kept putting her head down but then hitting the shopping cart handle. Her poor forehead was all red.
One aisle a couple of women asked me how old she was and I said nine months. I ALWAYS then here, "oh wow, she is so big!" When they said, "oh she is so small" I flinched. What? One of the women has a ten month old who is apparently twice Leah's size and is even too fat to crawl. Then when I said something about people always thinking she was a boy they said, "No way! Not when she is dressed in pink, and those eyes are so girlish and she has such delicate facial features." Whoa! I'm so used to hearing, "fine big boy" I didn't know what to say! By the end even Leah was smiling at them. Of course what female wouldn't smile at people saying you're thin and delicate.
I'm sure we heard fine big boy 10 more times before checking out, but we paid no attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment