1. August Break - the month of rainy season where it gets cloudy but doesn't rain and there is a little breeze which keeps the mosquitos away. Luckily, so far September is seeming to be confused and thinking we're still in August Break.
2. Both Muslim & Christian holidays get Levin off of work
3. Going swimming in February and then coming in to read emails of people talking about shoveling snow.
4. Words/Phrases such as, give him a dash, is this a 419 [fill in the blank]?, sorry-o, fully armoured-o, no food for lazy man, you are welcome, shall I on the gen?
5. At night when I think I hear an unusual sound through the baby monitor and suddenly have thoughts of the Elizabeth Smart story I can say to myself uh . . . probably not. Do you know what the creep would have to get through? I guess I won't spill all our security secrets here on the blog, but bars on windows, alarm system, "safe haven,", not to mention the guards and barbed wire are a few. At nights locked in and tucked in our bed I actually feel safer here than I think I ever will in America. PS. Just in case you were wondering if I did her unusual sounds I would still go check on Leah.
6. Because there isn't much to do here I think Levin and I spend an abnormal amount of time together. Some people cursed our marriage starting out in "darkest Africa" (that phrase sounds better if you hear Steph say it.) Other people said it would bless our marriage. I like to think it has been the latter.
I wish I could live there for a minute, just to get the phrases. And the security guard would sure be nice.
ReplyDelete