Here are some pictures of my birthday party.
We had homemade pizza, the Blue Bunny ice cream I mentioned in my last post, Levin made a cake, and thanks to the commissary we had A&W. I think we are the only people that buy the root beer.
The cake had a few problems and turned into a Pacman cake. I insisted Levin "build me a cake," even though he begged to buy one. I just don't think store bought ones taste as good even if a professional does frost it so pretty.
My cooking curse is I can never make something the second time and have it taste as good as the first time, and I am well known for leaving out ingredients like the baking soda or something. Whenever we have people over Levin cooks or at least is the main contributor because I am bound to screw it up somehow. Levin never makes mistakes when he cooks. I mean NEVER, except on my birthday cakes.
Two years ago I had this cake (blame the Nigerian powdered sugar.) The cakes he's made me may not be gorgeous, but they actually make me love him all the more because he tried and because he's so cute when he apologizes for them.
Leah doesn't feed herself. She'll just hold food and play with it until it is crumbs and wait for me to feed it to her. The doctor said maybe I wasn't giving her enough opportunities to feed herself and learn how. Well, here was her opportunity. You may see frosting on her lips and think she fed herself, but she didn't. That came from us trying to tempt her with a taste so she'd try to get more. All she did was smash it around in her fingers forever until she started to get tired and rub frosting in her eyes and we had to stop.
My cooking curse is I can never make something the second time and have it taste as good as the first time, and I am well known for leaving out ingredients like the baking soda or something. Whenever we have people over Levin cooks or at least is the main contributor because I am bound to screw it up somehow. Levin never makes mistakes when he cooks. I mean NEVER, except on my birthday cakes.
All in all, it was a good birthday party. Thanks Levin for all the work you put into it! He even cleaned up Leah's mess.
Haha, that's hilarious. I'm sort of a cooking/baking disaster myself. I could tell some stories.... but this is your blog, so I'll leave it at you embarrassing yourself & Levin. Anyway, I think it's so very sweet that he's willing to make you a cake. I don't think David would ever try.
ReplyDelete