Friday, September 26, 2014

Gil Family Goodbye

In my post about our camp out/ward activity I featured the Gil family.  I would post that picture again, but remember, I didn't look so great so I didn't post it twice.
In our Moscow ward we had many baptisms.  Usually adult males from Africa.  So when the Gil family joined the church they made a big impact in the ward.  When they decided to move back to Pakistan it was decided that they needed a send off party.  It was at the Embassy, but we weren't in charge which was a first I think.
Here is brother Gil holding someone else's baby. :)
So to explain the pictures, let me say, Levin handed our camera to one of the missionaries and told him to take pictures.  So that may explain the random selection of photos I have to work with here. 
 Autumn had been acting a little sick so she and I stayed home from church this day, but we felt well enough to go to the party - typical right?  Just kidding.


 I don't have her permission to post this, but it looks like a cute picture.  This is the new bishop's wife.  I could see it coming a mile away, but didn't say anything.  She told me I should have to warn her, but we had so  much "warning" that it made it awkward waiting for Levin to get the call as bishop so I kept it to myself.  I'm sure her husband is fantastic, and I'm sure she makes a very good bishop's wife.  I'm not so sure I did.
 Sister Gil with the Sister missionaries.  The Gil's life was not without some drama based upon who they lived with so the Sisters got to be involved a lot in their life.  I'm sure they have a close relationship.

 I had to take some rowdy kids into the toddler play room so that the adults could talk and people say their goodbyes to the Gils.  So I didn't hear what they said, but I'm glad they got to have some time to listen and not be distracted by the kids that were literally running in a circle in this room before this.

Great times!  What a great ward we had!

No comments:

Post a Comment