I am working on two posts at a time because our internet is limited after 8 am so I'm trying to get as many pictures uploaded as I can. So these may end up out of order.
Anyway, we celebrated Levin's birthday in April! Levin likes to celebrate his birthday for the entire week. :)
He had mint brownies for his birthday cake. I think this was the second year in a row. Hmm . . . they sound good to me right now. I better go get breakfast.
Leah made him a present in preschool. I didn't know what to get him, but I thought he'd mentioned he'd need to buy a saw when we got back to Maryland. So . . . I didn't want to pick it out for him since I don't know what I'm doing and why should we ship a heavy, big saw to Maryland. So I got him a book on a guide to table saws. When Levin saw it he was like, uh . . . . thanks?? He totally mocked me for it once the moment was over and told me he wouldn't be getting a table saw, but a radial saw, I think he called it. So his birthday present was a little lame. Well, fast forward (I guess there is a benefit to getting back logged on your blog, more stuff has happened) and we are in Maryland and guess what Levin comes home with one day in the back of his Explorer . . . . a table saw. I was like, what in the world?? The good news is his "farm budget" was running low so I could remind him that this was technically his birthday present and didn't have to come out of his farm budget. That cheered him up. But I still worry that in his head he will think he didn't get a birthday present, so I am writing about it here so that I have proof that he did. Ha!We like to make birthdays fun and so I got cowboy masks instead of party hats.
Autumn was quite scared by the masks.
I think she was messy anyway, but she kept putting her dirty hands on her face when she hid her face and stickied up her face even more. I think I just made up a word - "stickied."
Levin and Leah.
Autumn finally warmed up to the mask a little and even wore one. She kept trying to rip them off the other kids' faces.
We had a cowboy boot pinata.
We must have done the pinata on a different day than the cake - did I mention Levin likes to spread out the birthday cheer all week long? I'm guessing he talked me into doing one of them earlier than his actual birthday. Pinatas were a tradition we started that now our kids expect us to keep up.
Levin's birthday week looks like it was fun! I miss you guys!
ReplyDelete