Thursday, April 23, 2009

From Lagos with Love

I resisted starting a blog for a long time and for a number of reasons. Will people make fun of me? What if I don't have anything interesting to say? My internet connectivity was slow and VERY unreliable. The internet got fixed, at least for now. TIA (this is Africa) so that could go away, but I'm jumping in and having faith.

The name was still a problem. Before Levin and I left DC people suggested "the Nog" - Nigeria + Blog = Nog or "the Flog" - Flake + Blog = Flog. All dumb!

What finally convinced me to start the blog, wasn't having a baby, it was when I found an old friend on Facebook and after not seeing each other for 8 years or so and it was time to "catch up" I had to type a really long email saying how I got married and ended up in Lagos and she just had to say, "go read my blog." Finally I was sold. Oh, and not having to email photos but just saying go to my blog will be the icing on the cake since blogging photos is so much easier!

For a while my posts won't be in any clear order as I catch up on 2 years worth of married life and life in Lagos - both of which started within one month of each other.

4 comments:

  1. Yay! I found you and now let the pics begin! At least when you have internet connection. Great point on getting people up to speed. Don't worry about the past though - just start with today and start posting. The time will go faster than you think!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny you wrote this morning (and started this) I was cleaning my house last night and you came clearly to mind and I was hoping to hear from you and get an update on your Germany trip. Don't stop blogging!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This blog makes me happy. I love reading about your adventures! Welcome to blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Melissa! I saw your blog address on Facebook and had to come check you out! I LOVE your posts. Leah is sSO CUTE! I love her chubs.!
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete