Last year I was so sad that when Leah missed her ballet recital I realized I didn't really have any pictures of her in her ballet clothes at all. So I vowed I'd take some throughout the year. This was before one of her first ballet classes.
Surprisingly, she hasn't gotten sick of it yet. She is 4 so she was supposed to be in the youngest class again, but the teachers asked if she would move up so she wouldn't be bored since she'd already done that class. So now she gets to be in class with her friend Alexis who goes to kindergarten so she was very excited. She still calls it Alexis's ballet class, not her own.
This year I've decided as soon as she is done with ballet we are done with ballet. But so far she doesn't put up any arguments when its time to get ready and go. Maybe I should have taken that attitude last year.
I wanted her in the younger class initially because I thought she could use the boost of being more experienced in class. But in the older class she doesn't have that. One day I asked if she tried and she said, I tried, but I can't do all the things the other girls do. Well, she is younger than the other girls. Anyway so we're focusing on as long as you try and respect the teachers. They close curtains now so I can't see in how she's doing so I just pretend she's doing perfectly and paying attention which was sometimes a problem last year.
No comments:
Post a Comment