Friday, October 18, 2013

Levin Work Travel Pt. 2

They visited a food production factory.  Fish.

 Can't you just smell the fish!  And doesn't it kind of make you sick.  I promise when he came home his suitcase smelled like fish.  I have to plug my nose when I pass that part of a grocery store and when I'm pregnant I have to run past it.
 Sausage stuffing.  Yum . . or something.

 Levin's boss holding hands with some Russian dude.  :)
 Learning to mass assemble little meat pies.
 And this is production of palmeni (I have no idea how you spell it) but it is little pasta dumplings with meat balls inside.  WHen we first got here I enjoyed it okay boiled with a little sour cream, butter, and salt.  But now . . . not so much.  But my kids LOVE IT.  From the moment we got here and at that point both Leah and Oliver would not touch meat.  But somehow this flavored up (gives you nasty burps) meat they liked.
 Coming off the line palmeni.
 Levin eating some kind of pie or something . . .
 The bagged up palmeni.  We always eat beef or pork, but these were . . . . HORSE!  Look at the bag's top right corner and you can see the lovely picture of the horses.  I don't think that's sell so well in the US.
 This is more what Russian houses look like out in the country.  I went on a day trip last Saturday and apparently the "investment" Russians are making is into their Russian country homes.  Some of these are being taken down and replaced with brick, but apparently the window decorations (these are actually quite boring compared to others - usually they stand out in a different color) are back in style now. 
 A church.
 And then on to the mink farm.



 Luckily Levin has this job and not me . . I'm not so much into touching animals.
 And the furs.  PETA watch out!





No comments:

Post a Comment