We didn't get any pictures of the actual potty training, but we did get a picture of the kids wearing Oliver's potty party present - super hero costumes. Conveniently, he will also be Batman for Halloween.
We had super hero underwear, super hero books, and we potty trained his Batman doll.
I am a HUGE fan of Potty Training in a Day - I don't know who writes it. Anyway, so far it has made potty training Leah and Oliver go so much better than anticipated. That's not to say it was over after that day and we haven't have rebellions or tests of mother's love. BUT it got the ball rolling really, really, well.
Leah was my SUPER HELPER that day. I couldn't believe how well she did at encouraging Oliver to go potty, taking Batman and Spiderman potty, and distracting Oliver so we could have Batman "pee" (lemonade) in the potty. She loved it.
I think she was a little let down when she realized that Dolly (the one we used when potty training Leah) didn't really go potty and that I had tricked her. But luckily, she didn't let the cat out of the bag for Oliver.
We almost didn't get to have the party that night because Oliver would not drink anything. I wish I had more pictures, darn it. And I wish he had pants on in this picture, but since he spent most the day with just undies on I guess it is factual at least.
No comments:
Post a Comment