Friday, October 18, 2013

Young Womens

In church I serve in the young women organization.  Or it should be young womAn as we only have one.  But she is the best!  She's 12 and so smart and so mature acting.  We love her.  Because there is just one and this is Moscow we don't get together too often for activities.  But there was a show I'd wanted to go to and Levin came up with the idea to have it be a young woman activity, thus ensuring he didn't have to take me. :)
It was called Kostroma.  It was the history of Russia through song and dance or something.  It was in an old Soviet hotel auditorium.

The show was a little dated - like I don't think they've updated it since the fall of communism.  There were two sets of women - one that just took little babysteps everywhere so that it had the illusion they were floating.  They had fake eyelashes, fake smiles, and kind of were a teeny bit creepy.  The other women were more fun and the men, oh the men.  Any dance that had men in it was a lot of fun!  I can't say I recommend it fully, but I am really glad I went and I'm glad Ellie and Shari weren't like, that was the lamest idea ever!  It was a fun little outing.

No comments:

Post a Comment