Thursday, January 23, 2014

Autumn Learns To Say Cheese!

When these pictures were taken Autumn was 16 months old or so.  She is REALLY getting a personality.  It is hard to believe she was my easiest, calmest baby.  She keeps me on my toes!!
 She has an obsession with markers.  We pretty  much don't use them anymore because somehow she always manages to get her little fingers on them.  This day I thought, oh that's cute she's scribbling on the table (this was early on in her obsession.)  So I took her picture.
 I told her to say cheese and I got this look below.  She LOVES to make this face when I pull out the camera now.  I thought she was sooo cute.  Then I saw marker all over the wall and well . . . she was still cute, but I realized that I buy washable markers for a reason.  She loves to just walk around with one so one day I had a dried up one that I just let her walk around with.  She was pretty happy with that.

 Here she is with her cheese face again.  When I was looking through the pictures I saw this one and thought - oh she is showing us her whole finger.  You might have to click the picture to make it bigger to know.  Oooh . . her sweet little finger.  I am anxious to see what it will look like when it has healed all the way.  I'll write a full post on what happened later.
I do have to write one more thing about her.  She doesn't talk much, but she is very good at communicating what she wants with facial expressions and I feel like she understands me perfectly.  Of the few words she knows, Mom. Daddy (although she hardly says those anymore), hi, bye (her absolute favorite) , and maybe a few others like yeah, the other two she says are me and mine.  That might tell you a little bit about her personality!  The kids used to cry when Autumn stole so,etching from them.  I'd get so exasperated and say, she's a baby just get it back.  They would cry some. Ore.  Then I learned!  When Autumn wants something she gets a death grip on it.  I no longer say that.  I just love this fun little girl, even if I can't turn my back on her for a second.  I forgot how much work one year olds are.  I call her my toddler tornado.

No comments:

Post a Comment