I know I am in the middle of catching up with pictures, and this doesn't really fit, but I want to write it before I forget. I remember thinking once that maybe Leah had grown up past the cute sayings stuff. Boy was I wrong. :) I realize typing these, they're not as funny reading as being there, but this can be for my memory even if no one else enjoys them.
These both happened in the last 3 days.
1) We have a story book about being the boss of your body - basically to protect kids from molesters. I think its a really good book, by the way. I would post the title, but I forgot it and I don't want to wake up Oliver to get it out of his room. In it, the book talks about no secrets if something happens or if someone tells you to keep a secret from your parents. We've read the book probably 20 times in the five months we've owned it. The kids request it and who am I to say no? So we read it the other night after a little absence. The next day after Leah eats a piece of bread to fill her up form a not so favorite dinner.
Leah: Mom, tomorrow when you make our lunch can you make Oliver's sandwich first.
Me: Okay . . why?
Leah: I just want you to make his first and starts to walk away.
Me: Quizzical look.
Leah: Uh . . okay, since we don't keep secrets I'll tell you. The next piece of bread is all crumpled and I really don't want it, please give it to Oliver.
2) I've had a cold, so my voice isn't working so well and in the mean time it seems like my kids aren't listening so well, so I was WORN OUT from asking them to do stuff REPEATEDLY all day. Oliver had not listened - again - so finally I took him down to his room for a long time out. Leah came to sit by me and I was explaining that my head hurt and that when I have to say things to the kids 100 times, or tell them no you can't have candy for the 12th time in 2 minutes, it makes my head hurt. Leah put her head on mine and said, "well, I could try to be gooder." It melted my heart. I had to tell her she was already a good girl, but she was just learning still how to listen.
Actually that reminds me of something else. Once when Leah was trying to write something she kept freaking out because she kept doing it wrong - kept writing Wow instead of Mom on a card she was making for me. I said, it's okay, you're just learning and told her repeat after me, it's okay I'm just learning. But she was so upset that she said, it's okay, I'm just hurting! So now whenever we talk about "you're just learning." She corrects me to say, no I'm just hurting! That also reminds me she doesn't really try to write anymore . . . can you tell I have a wandering brain???
3) Okay, one last thing. Lately Leah will come in and say, "mom, what do you need?" I swear she must learn great stuff in primary . . . sometimes she'll do something if I tell her, sometimes she'll say, oh no thanks. Tonight I said, I need the table cleaned off and she ran out, Oliver, Mom needs the table cleaned off. If it had worked, I'd still count it as service, but Oliver ignored her. Something he's gotten very good at lately.
No comments:
Post a Comment