Since we are moving home for a while and don't know when we'll next have the opportunity to attend a Marine Ball we decided we'd go this year. And if you recognize my dress it is because I have worn it to other Marine Balls . . maybe next time I can earn a new dress. Who knows when that will be.
Below, here we are with our church friends, The Dunsons.
Here we are with Levin's co-worker Chris and his wife. We sat by them and had a good time.The other people from Levin's office that attended, Karen who has since retired, and Jennavive (an intern) who moved home. If you ever want an internship at an Embassy, USDA is the way to go. They are the one and only that pays their people.
This is the place card I had at my spot. I didn't even get my own name. But to make me feel better they did get Levin's name wrong. We had a fun table (some other people we don't know) and we obsessed with getting more bread so it wasn't any surprise when we were one of the first tables to receive our entrees - we gotta feed these people! Getting water was hard to come by while the booze seemed easy . . .
Not pictured - because we forgot to get a picture with them - our friends the Fosters from church were also there. He works for Exxon. We had a fun time even though I had such a head ache I didn't make Levin dance. He was prepared to give me one promised song, but got lucky.
** I had to come back and update this post because I was reading a sweet article on a Mommy Blog and remembered something my Leah said to me one night when I was putting her to bed. She said, remember when you wore your fancy purple dress and looked so pretty? I said yes, and she said, well someday can you teach me to wear fancy dresses and wear lipstick and jewelry. I love that girl!
No comments:
Post a Comment