Levin took some videos, but I can never get videos to post on my blog anymore . . so, we only have a few pictures.
Santa brought Autumn that shopping cart behind her.Santa brought Oliver this car racing track and his coveted, "gun that shoots pieces" aka a Nerf gun. Santa actually brought 4 of those so we could have family wars. Which we did, just last night. For Family Home Evening, Levin taught a lesson on Captain Moroni and building up fortifications against our enemies. Leah and I went in the Dining Room and built a fort to protect our Fruity Pebbles box and Levin and Oliver built one in the living room to protect their Lucky Charms box. Then the other team would attack and if they shot the box they won. It was actually a lot of fun.
Leah got this cash register - how fitting that Autumn got the shopping cart. It is a Barbie cash register. Autumn was a lot more interested in the other kids presents than her own which was a little problematic, but I think we mostly got over it.
Another present Leah got was a magic scientist set. She and Levin went through all the potions/experiments pretty fast, but had a lot of fun doing it. It came with this sweet hat she made.
Both of the kids got a dinosaur bones game. Mrs. Claus obviously wasn't consulted much on this one. It was MESSY. Actually this wasn't from Santa so let's just say, I wasn't consulted much. They worked on this one together and the other one is waiting in a closet for a warm day to do it outside. You excavate the bones and then build a dinosaur.
The kids got tons of other presents that we don't have pictures of. One of my favorites was Autumn got the Sleep Kittens book feature on the movie Despicable Me and Santa brought the DVD of Despicable Me 2. I would document everything they got, but then everyone would see how spoiled they are. One of my favorite presents was a coupon book Levin gave me, "good for one whole day of mucky diapers" or "one upstairs cleaning" type of coupon book. Oh, and did I pick a good day for the mucky diapers! Levin, bless his heart, reminded me as we could see the leakage up Autumn's back that I could use my coupon. And she had another one not much later! She hasn't had those kind of diapers for months and months. I was pretty happy with my coupon book that day!
I don't know what present Levin liked most, but I did get him a lasso. I think he was jealous of the one Oliver got for his 3rd birthday.
Funny because with Autumn's surgery looming, we didn't think it was a very fun Christmas, but looking back at the pictures and remembering the fun we've had with the presents then and since, I have warm memories. I am already looking forward to next Christmas! Cross your fingers we can enjoy it without any medical doctors!
No comments:
Post a Comment