Thursday, January 23, 2014

Gingerbread Houses

I feel like the kids and I didn't have as many Christmas preparation activities this year.  We made and decorated sugar cookies while we were babysitting the D kids, but I didn't get a picture.  
The D parents who went to German on a med-evac brought us a gingerbread village kit back.  The kids were sooo excited to do them.  I was excited it came with glue/frosting and decorations since the kit someone gave us last year or the year before did not.
I have never initiated the ginger bread house activity.  Someone has always given us the parts.  It's not a tradition I grew up with and I'm not very good at it I must confess.  I didn't get a picture of Autumn, but we had 4 houses and we just gave her one to munch on.  She really liked it!
Leah and Rosita working on hers.  Leah was most excited to eat hers so I don't think she did much in the way of decorating.  She just wanted to get to the eating part.

 Oliver with his.
 And this monstrosity is mine.  Iw anted to show the kids you add more decorations, but I petered out too.

 I made the kids wait until we showed them to Levin and then I let them eat them.  Leah ate hers all at once and I think Oliver did too.  I picked a few candies off mine and a few days later let the kids eat it.  By then someone had written with pen on mine so no one would eat that wall.  Fun times, but if no one gives us a kit next year . . . I don't know that we'll be keeping this tradition alive.  If only Leah didn't have such a good memory.  I'm sure she'll bring it up next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment